Monday, October 11, 2010

Adoption


So, my heart is really burdened with adoption. From the beginning Michael and I knew we wanted to adopt. We just thought it was probably going to be MUCH later........It is definitely looking like GOD has a different plan and that it is going to be sooner. :) We started the process just a few weeks ago. We have had to answer some reallllly, realllly, reallllly personal questions, but it is stuff they need to know. They don't want to put children in bad situations. For all they know, I could be a fire breathing lobster......--alright, I am weird, but that doesn't disqualify me. lol The not so pretty part about that is I have a bit of a past.......well, a big bit of a past and that tends to put a few MINOR bumps in the road. You wanna know what though? They are minor. You wanna know why? I'll tell you....No matter the size of the "bumps"My GOD is BIGGER and HE has called me to adopt, HE placed it in my heart, HE has brought me up for such a time as this! HE knows the overall picture and during the course of my walk with HIM, HE has made what seems totally impossible in the natural world, totally happen! That is the story of my life!!!! Anyways, I could go on and on about HIS awesomeness, but I will move on. :) I started to let these "bumps" get me down, but over the course of the last 3 days or so, HE has went out of HIS way to to assure me over and over and over that HE's got this and not to let it get me down and "de-value" me or my heart's dream, my calling to adopt. I've gotten a few phone calls from different friends who didn't know what was going on, but GOD placed me on their heart to get in contact with me......to comfort, pray, assure me....and this stuff was pretty specific. WOW. HE thought of meeeeeee?! HE placed me on the hearts of others, not just once, but multiple times to bring me a message of assurance that HE has all of this mapped out. HE even gave me a dream the other night about what I need to do to get through the process. In the middle of the night I remember thinking---I need to remember all of this..........But when I woke up I did not remember a thing......... So, I asked GOD to remind me and HE said NO. That wasn't the purpose of the dream. The purpose was to show me that HE had it all worked out. That sureness I felt in my dream was mine and so was the end result. I will adopt.


Thank you, LORD.

3 comments:

joannalee said...

YES! i can't wait to watch your journey unfold =)

Michele said...

I will be giving a testimony soon enough!!! :)

I*am*isleen said...

Adoption is the way to go!!! I am amazed and excited of this new journey you are about enter to it!! Please do post your testimony. Maybe, one day I will get the adoption fever but right now is to work towards my career until I am ready to have a family which is just around the corner!! Be Blessed.