Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's a new season


I have been having so much fun lately. I 've learned a lot of new things about myself here recently. I absolutely love doing the "old timey" things. I actually made my son a blanket! I am teaching myself to sew. I found out I am a lot more crafty than I thought. I am totally enjoying it! So, now for Christmas I am making a few people on the list presents. I made a scarf the other day. I get so proud when the product of my work is all finished. Also, I have this new found love of making homemade bread. I make it all the time! I love to cook and can actually say that I am quite good at it. I used to be a horrible cook, just ask my husband!;) Betty Crocker here I come!! I never thought I had it in me.
I am throwing a baby shower for one of my good friends and I have had a great time doing that too. Maybe I should be a baby shower planner. :) Can you do that for a living? hmmmmm No, seriously, can you??
I made her a 3 tierd diaper cake and it turned out so cute! Too bad the baby shower isn't until Dec.7. Hopefully my sweet little boy doesn't destroy it before then.:)
For this season in my life I have decided to slow down and totally appreciate the little things. The season before this one was very busy and hectic. I was spread quite thin. So, now it's a time to focus on the simple things. I am so thankful that the LORD has brought me to this place in my life. It's a peaceful/exciting phase in my life.
Next I am going to start canning. I am going to make jellies and jams and who knows what else.
YAY!

2 comments:

Wilcox said...

I just love you. Good luck on your new little adventures, I'm sure they will turn out great!

Michele said...

:)